• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Raising the Lid of my Weber Kettle

paperboy98

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've always cooked on an offset stick burner, but I find myself not wanting to fire it up for smaller cooks. So I bought a Weber One Touch Gold. I think I've seen a metal band assembled to add height to the lid. Can anybody share some information on that modification? Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Paperboy98

I think you are referring to the rotiserie set up, it has a ring that fits into the weber and while it does add height I don't think that is its primary purpose but whatever, it works right... Anyways they are pretty expensive though, running about 80 dollars for all the ones I've seen.

I also think you are referring to to rotisserie ring. Some guys have cut a section out of a 55 gallon drum to the same effect. Cheaper too.

Yeah, my brother has one. I thought he told me his girlfriend paid like $150 for it though. Maybe she got ripped???

Anyway it was basically a ring the diameter of the kettle with a rolled

bottom (rolled like your lid). It's about 6"-8" tall. Pretty sweet. Maybe you can order just a replacement ring for the rotisserie from Weber???

Cutting a drum would sure be cheaper, but I don't know how to make it fit snuggly over the kettle without rolling it.

If you want the Weber for grilling, you don't need any extention ring extension ring.

Well.......

THERE........YOU........GO!!!!!

This site ROCKS!!!!

230_100_1309_2.jpg

230_100_1315_2.jpg

99_IMG_5298_1.jpg

99_IMG_5262_1.jpg

99_IMG_5264_1.jpg

99_IMG_5270_1.jpg

I've always cooked on an offset stick burner, but I find myself not wanting to fire it up for smaller cooks. So I bought a Weber One Touch Gold. I think I've seen a metal band assembled to add height to the lid. Can anybody share some information on that modification? Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Paperboy98

Here is one I made for my Smokey Joe Weber. Aluminum roof flashing doubled and pop riveted. Works for doing one butt. Butt would not fit without it.

Last edited:
Back