Event coming up this weekend (11/8-9)

what Big Mista is not telling you is that I also gave him another container of large grained spice rub that he must think sucks!

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

and he keeps rubbing it in by showing those damn pictures of his ribs that make me mad...er hungry.

"want some ice cream? Psyche!"

eddie murphy

301a

The large grain rub is what I'm using!!! Not the butt glitter. I will use the butt glitter on a couple of the butts I am cooking tonite.

The large grain rub is what I'm using!!! Not the butt glitter. I will use the butt glitter on a couple of the butts I am cooking tonite.

ahhhhh I see. I have been sitting here wondering why you didn't IM me back when I said I'd give you the list of ingredients. I thought I pissed you off LOL.

I am confused. If your first layer is Lawreys and your second layer is the large grained stuff I sent you that needed extra pepper added to the mix, what would be your third layer if you removed the Butt Glitter?

Of course if you did it with no butt glitter.....ahhhhh You are going for real old school... like before the Titanic Old school. ahhhhh haaahhh... ****, at least add some Don Cornelius seed.

The third layer was the coarse pepper that I didn't add before. The Barry White Rub didn't have any Don Cornelius seed?

Hey Big, we have had alot of luck in our vending events by pre cooking everything and sealing it up in food saver bags. All you have to do is drop them in hot water for about 20 minutes. It works great for Pulled pork, brisket and ribs. Once it's up to temp we drop it our hot table to hold until it sells. If you don't sell it just drop it in ice water to cool it back down and stick it back in the frezzer. This minimizes the waste and you always have hot product.

Hope this helps

I can't wait till Funkmaster West gets back from this little venture. I am ready to see some pics and positive vibes. Neil's food always looks so good.

I know this is late. We usually fully cook meat, chill, then wrap in plastic food grade film or Cryovac the meat with jucies. You can reheat in both up to 200 without it melting the plastic.

I'm bushed. The weather was great. The crowd sucked. Brethren came out to support us. The other food vendors quit and left. We worked what little crowd there was. Fed the MC and the ands so they would talk about us on the mic. The promoter wouldn't take a commission from us and apologized for the crowd being so small.

We broke even. Pics are here. MrsMista is already passed out. I'm going to bed.

We are cook for a festival in two weeks. They are expecting 8000 people over the course of the weekend. We are serving pulled pork, chopped chicken, tri-tip, st. louis ribs and links. We will have 4oz. sandwiches and 6oz. dinners.

Anybody want to take a stab at how much of each meat we should buy?
I think first you should ask yourself an important question. "Is this a real number or some inflated hype?"
I'm bushed. The weather was great. The crowd sucked. Brethren came out to support us. The other food vendors quit and left. We worked what little crowd there was. Fed the MC and the ands so they would talk about us on the mic. The promoter wouldn't take a commission from us and apologized for the crowd being so small.

We broke even. Pics are here. MrsMista is already passed out. I'm going to bed.

Neil, I'm sorry to see that I had a good point, but glad to see that the promoter at least did the right thing.

From the pics it really did happen and it looks like a nice setup you have going.

You can't pay enough for that learning experience. I always walk away from each job with something under my belt. It is better to walk away with something in the wallet too.

That is why I always say, "what is your time worth to you", that sets the baseline!

Do you know who says this?:

"Hang with successful people and you will become successful, cook with good cooks to become a champion and cook for people with money and overcharge them while they rain appreciation and applause upon you."

Yeah. It helped also that MrsMista's cousin made some bomb desserts for us to sell.

Fall Fruit Crumble
Bread Pudding with Whiskey sauce

and

Pecan Pie Cheesecake!!! I wanted to eat the whole pan myself but I couldn't because it was so rich! Awesome!!

That's all we can do. Learned some stuff. Sandwiches out sold meals. 2 meat combos with soda and dessert sold better that other meals.

So our best sellers were our cheapest item and our most expensive item.

That Bread pudding with whisky sauce and the cheesecake were awesome. Didn't get a chance to try the fall fruit crumble. (it sounded to healthy to me).:mrgreen:

Glad at least you broke even with those small crowds.

Last edited:
Neil,
That event used to be held in a nice grassy park and was huge according to my SIL JoAnne. It got a new director and moved...and you saw what happened. One of the art vendors was from Sonoma, so at least you paid less for travel!

If you learned what worked and didn't without a zillion people yelling at you this time and broke even, you did really well. The next one will be full throttle and running out of food and you'll be prepared --- or at least happy that it's busy!

I wish I'd seen the bread pudding on the board...I love bread pudding. It was sitting on the ground and too low for me to see very well.... Any way to hang it up at a normal person's eye level?

Back