new addition to the family!!

capri man

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
and the best part is that it was free!! are these things any good. i have one of the older cheaper ones and this one looks better to me.

Attachments

• 2008_0820brinkman0010.JPG
    2008_0820brinkman0010.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 204
You need to make some mods to make it smoke well. Many many threads on that smoker here (and elsewhere).

looks to me like it might not get enough air!! it is new. a friend of mine has a convenience store and he got 2 of them from his r j reynolds tobacco rep. he gave me one of them!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I bought one of those for $2 at a garage sale... leaky as hell, and the fire can choke from ash...but you can make some good que on it. You'll have to check it every two hours for sure!

i have the older model. i did the mods and it actually works rather well. for the top vent i just used a spare weber vent wheel. drilled the holes and voila, a nice clean working vent. on yer lower pan just drill some holes and make some sliding covers. also bring up the coal grate and it should be fine.

Or you could get the 110 volt adapter plate from Sportmans Wharehouse, Bass, etc. :twisted:

Take the parts and make a UDS. The bottom grate and pan with some expanded metal make a great charcoal basket. The brackets on the inside can be used for rack supports on the inside of the UDS. And the handles can be mounted anywhere.

Lots of us got started using bullet smokers like that; soaked wood chips, billowing smoke plumes and all.

Back