• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Scotch Egg Fatty

wowswer's....i know what i'm gonna try next! looks superb!

Pat,

I knew from some of your earlier posts that you'd be cooking today. That fattie looks awesome! That is a great idea, bet it would be great at a tailgate. :-D Great job and great idea!

That is a great idea, bet it would be great at a tailgate. :-D

I am of the philosophy that anything tastes great at a tailgate!! :wink: I would agree with you and will try it this year at Kinnick!

Wow! That is great. Does your wife have a sister? (available?)

After my most current fattie outing that is a fine looking unit! I love the bacon wrap, did you leave it in the wrap to cook? I know saran-wrap can go to 265*. Or was that just to form?

After my most current fattie outing that is a fine looking unit! I love the bacon wrap, did you leave it in the wrap to cook? I know saran-wrap can go to 265*. Or was that just to form?

Just used it to for form. We made it the night before and that kept it nice and together.

I love Scotch Eggs! There are a few pubs here in NYC that still serve them.

I will definitely try this next time!

Same here Carbon. It was the second ever for me.

I've had beer with hard boiled eggs but never Scotch.:biggrin:

All kidding aside, that is going on my things to cook list.

I have to agree with everyone else... those look outstanding!
Nice photos, too.

Have to give the wife credit for making this one....I smoked it though! Used some fresh Italian sausage from the butcher layered with cheese (we had American on hand) and hard boiled eggs. We cut the ends off the eggs to make them more uniform. Then rolled and wrapped with maple bacon. Smoked with hickory and black cherry at 240*.

004-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

048.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg
Did you smoke it in the drum or the Brinkman? Anyone ever try inderect on a kettle?
This looks great, btw!

Back