Looking for VHT paint

N

nonthink

Anyone knows of any auto parts stores on Long Island that carries VHT fireproof paint. I’d rather buy it in a store then order online. The shipping for an 11oz. can is around 9-10 bucks on every website I’ve been on. I’ll order online of I have too. But I wanna try a real store 1st.

Home Depot and Lowes both have it. I saw it in the Spray Paint section and one had a few in the grill section as well.

Home Depot has rustoleum up to 1000 degress.....This paint works very well! I think I paid about eight dollars a quart...........Bevo

Ace hardware brand is good as well. I know that The Eastwood company has it and they are in PA...not too terribly far

voodoobbqIL said:
Ace hardware brand is good as well. I know that The Eastwood company has it and they are in PA...not too terribly far

I use Ace hardware brand paint and it works good. Makes my Lang shine.

I started using Header/manifold paint on my firebox.. 1400 degrees... Get it at pep boys.

BBQchef33 said:
I started using Header/manifold paint on my firebox.. 1400 degrees... Get it at pep boys.
Think of all the colors we could use:rolleyes:

Try Bill Hirsch Automotive Products;

These paints are rated to withstand temperatures up to 2000 degrees F.
Brush or spray these on to new, clean, or sandblasted manifold and exhaust
areas and they will restore the look to new. Easy to use, withstands virtually
all weather conditions, dries fast and yields amazing results. Stainless Steel
paint available in pints only & rated to 1600 degrees F. Black in aerosol rated
to 1600 degrees F. All others rated to 2000 degrees F and available
in 16 oz. aerosol or pints.

http://www.hirschauto.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=27&CATID=1&ObjectGroup_ID=8

I like the rainbow scheme. Anyone want pics?

I quit using paint on my pit. When I first got it, though, I would repaint the firebox virtually evertime I used it or it would rust.

Now I just oil the entire pit periodlically (every month or so) with a vegetable oil. Of course, the fire box gets a coat every time I cook. I usually just spray it with PAM if I'm pressed for time.

This is easy to do, inexpensive, keeps the pit looking good and prevents rust.

Back