1st Smoked Ribs with PRON!!!

Sizzler1322

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I been out of the wood works for a while. I finally had some time to get a smoke out done and post again. Hope you Enjoy.

I have a rack of pork ribs and 6 beef straps.
*Made my own Kansas City Style rub
*Marinade the ribs in mustard and then rubbed on my Kansas City Style Rub. I applied McCormick Steak seasoning to the Beef straps.
* I used Apple Peach Wood for the type of wood. I smoked in the smoker for a constant 200 degrees.
* I added a log about every hour. I would spray the meet every 40 minutes with a spray bottle containing beer, a little soy sauce, and water. If I you have any other questions let me know. They came out great and tender. They fell right off the bone, and had a great taste with that wood. I hadn't tried that type before.
I added membrillo from a tree that I have down at the bottom of the pit for some flavoring.

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you found some time to smoke some food and enjoy it as well.

Great looking ribs and beef.

Time is always the thing that gets in the way.
Glad ya took some, though to cook these up and take pics, they look great.

I can't go too long without wanting to smoke meat. I am a big Chinese food, Thai food, Mexican food, and Cajun food fan. But I gotta have my Q.

I know, I am glad I found some time. Thank you . Cajun does sound good though.

You kept the pit temp.at 200. How long did the ribs take? Looked like you wrapped them. Real nice looking BBQ

3 Hours unwrapped. Then wrapped it for an hour and a half. I left an opening in the wrapping though to make it like a little oven inside.

Back