Temp Control for WSM

Y

Yoder_lover

I am looking at putting a temp control system on my 22.5 WSM. I have researched the BBQ Guru. What other options are available for this purpose. I want to make sure I research everything before I buy one. Are any of the units water proof?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the Stoker System since 2007. I can control all three of my WSMs with one controller and from anywhere I am using the Wifi compatibility (if I wanted to).

If my set point is going to always be between 225 and 300 degrees am I better off with the 10 CFM fan or should I go with the 25 CFM. I see the Rocks Stoker recommends the 25CFM and the GURU recommends the 10CFM.

I have a DigiQ Guru II w/ 25 CFM since 2007....

larger fan was for a different cooker... but it works fine for WSM too.. However 10 CFM is all that would be needed. I keep 25 CFM open only 1/4 open..

Guru has been rock solid for 6 years.

I have both BBQ Guru and a PitmasterIQ , both are great but for price point and having it all in one unit it's the PitmasterIQ 110 hands down. They have a new Pitmasteriq 120 i'd love to get eventually.

depends on what you want to spend, i have the iq110 and it has been working great

I have always used a Stoker with 5 cfm fan on my WSM and it works great. I also use the 5 cfm on my Superior SS-2.

You will find a lot of good choices represented here. I use an iQue 110, and am very happy with it. I hang it under my work table to protect it from sun and rain. That is one of the nice things about having the fan unit and controller all in one box with a hose to the cooker.

picture.php

CD

Back