• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Landarc! What would you cook with this

I would do a tenderloin, some pork shoulder and a little bacon for the meat blend. You could sneak a little bit of lamb in there, it creates amazing complexity when combined with pork.

When I do Banh Mi, I use julienned carrots, daikon and cucumber, but, very similar recipe as you started this thread with.

For the sauce, find some Yuzu citrus, and some Sudachi, combine the zest and juice in a mortar and pestle, or just grate it together, then mix it into mayonnaise. You could add some sriracha, or chile oil, and that would make a great compound mayonnaise.

We've done a 50/50 ground lamb and pork mixture before. It was absolutely killer. I can't remember how we spiced it though. I do remember celery salt, black pepper and some fresh sage were in the mix.

The blend sounds about right. The risk is in it being too salty and possibly too greasy if there's too much pork belly in the burger. Remember, in a banh-mi, there's a lot more veg than meat by volume to balance out that fatty pork.

Where is the salt going to come from? It's a burger so most of the fat will render out on the grill.

I like the mayo idea. Use the Japanese mayo and apply while on the grill. I might even be tempted to torch it a little for effect. Citrus (yuzu) likes the scorch. IMHO

The melded (not melted) mayo into the succulent pork might be bangin. The patty, with the mayo (egg), and the diced pickles (conichorn) on top might conjure images of tartar when you take a bite.

Back