View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

You can't go wrong with Brunswick stew. I've made this version several times and everyone is blown away by it. It is very thick and hearty as shown. You're choice of rub and sauce will affect the spicey level. I like rubs and sauces that are "sweet and tangy". I've used mixtures of whatever was in the fridge that I wanted to get rid of, including: Blues Hog, Stubbs Original, Famous Dave Sweet and Tangy, and Big Butz Cranberry. Serious, give this a try!

Saiko's Georgia Brunswick Stew (w/ few of my tweaks)

Ingredients:

1 lb. chopped BBQ meat (Any Combination of leftover pork, beef, rib tips, chicken. 1/2 Pork + 1/2 Brisket Point is good)
1 TBSP of your favorite BBQ rub (I used Plowboy Yardbird. If no rub on hand, try Lawrey's Seasoning Salt.)
2 to 3 14 oz cans diced tomatoes, including the juice (or 2 cans of diced and a small can of tomato sauce)
1 11oz cans drained sweet corn
1 11 oz can of drained butter beans (optional)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup your favorite BBQ sauce (I'm using Blue's Hog)
1/8 cup cider vinegar
1 to 1 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt (To taste, depending on salt in BBQ Rub.)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp hot sauce (Tobasco)
1/2 stick butter (say no to margarine)

Add all the ingredients except the butter to a large crockpot. Mix well, then throw the butter on top. Run on high heat until the butter is melted (1/2 hour to hour), then mix everything again and turn it down to low until time to serve. 4 to 6 hours recommended.

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->