• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What's your favorite sauce right now?

Weber's new sauces aren't bad at all, and don't have any corn syrup. My back rib glaze last week was the original thinned with some Carolina red and sweetened with honey. Turned out really good.

Care to enlighten us as to how those measurements are calibrated?
Is Tbl a tablespoon?
Is Tsp a Tablespoon or a teaspoon?
I presume a tsp is a teaspoon... or is it?
And wtf is a tbl?
Consistency is important in measurements of these sorts, no offense intended.

????

Seemed easy enough to understand as is.

I don't use much sauce, but I do like Carlina Treet for chix and as a condiment sauce for pulled pork.

Trader Joe's Kansas City Style is my new jam. We used to buy SBRs but TJ's is better and doesn't have any high fructose garbage in it. For my own BBQ I mix it a bit randomly with most of the following: drippings, cider vinegar, ketchup, rub, Blues Hog Red to make a kickass more natural tasting sauce. My only gripe about TJ's is that like almost every other sauce it has a bit of liquid smoke to it. But IMO we're so conditioned to liquid smoke most people would feel like there is something missing without it.

Blues Hog OG and TN Red mixed and tweaked by me.A bastardized version if you will. :mmph:

I prefer a pretty vinegary sauce with a little sweet like a Carolina sauce or Fat Johnny's Bastardized Piedmont (Google it for the recipe, it's KILLER) but if I'm feeling lazy, Stubbs Original is decent for a cheap bottle sauce. I just can't do the goopy Dave's and Rays stuff anyone, although I used to prefer it.

Man, Fat johnny's Bastardized Piedmont sauce... Looks really good !!

The wife and kids like SBR. Right now I am working with Curley's hickory for a sweeter, thicker sauce and Coopers Old Time sauce for a thinner, more vinegarry sauce.

You see, I have this addiction, that I need to come clean with. Every time that I go into a new BBQ joint (and with a lot of recent work related travel to Texas, there have been many BBQ lunches) I always come out with a bottle of the house sauce. Probably have about a dozen unopened bottles right now. And since I need to use up that sauce, it forces me to cook more cue at home! I keep saying that I am going to stop buying more sauces, but I can't!:oops:

Oh brethren, how can I stop this slide?

P.S. I think that it is time to crack open that bottle of sauce from Blacks in Lockhart, TX:-D

Sweet Baby Ray's original is amazing. I glazed some ribs about 30 minutes before they came off the smoker and oh boy, did that stuff get crispy and caramelize beautifully. I figure it's because it's a very sweet sauce, which I like a lot. I EVEN DIP WHITE BREAD IN IT AND EAT IT PLAIN! LOL, but as with any barbeque sauce, it has to be at room temp. Cold sauce out of the bottle on anything, of any brand, is just bad.

BTW, anyone tried the Raspberry Chipotle sauce by SBR? It is the only one that I can say is truly too sweet and really, really nasty and fake tasting. Makes me sad.

Sauers Original. It's not a real thick sweet sauce. I like it on pulled pork. I haven't tried the spicy yet.
sauers_bbq(1).jpg

Head Country original is my go-to-sauce. I also will use their hickory version as a mix-in for burger meat.

Daughter made me some BBQ sauce as a present. Not sure what all is in it but it is amazing!!!

I have been using Sweet Baby Ray's, but I just snagged a bottle of Blues Hog and will give that a try.
hard to beat baby rays on chicken and ribs, i make a tomato base and a vinegar base, but most of the time at home i seem to stick with sweet baby rays. at the comps i use my own sauce

Back