• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bangers and Mash

Then where does "snags" come from? :der:

Looks great too. I would love a plate.

That question threw me , I have always called them Snags and never knew why,so I went looking.

I found this.

Snag, by David Pope 2002
A sausage. In Australia and elsewhere snag has a number of meanings, including 'a submerged tree stump', 'an unexpected drawback', and more recently a 'sensitive new age guy'. But in Australia, a snag is also a 'sausage', a sense that probably comes from the British dialect word snag, 'a morsel, a light meal'

from here.
http://www.nma.gov.au/exhibitions/nation/australian_english

Now I can tell other Aussies why we call them Snags:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Do Aussies in yur locale ever say "Bangers and Mash" titch?
Ive never heard it said by Aussies, except when they purposely use it to Britify it.
I always use "snags", I always hear "snags".
Just wondering, it is curious!
Sensitive new age guy is new on me too!

I'm going to serve sausage at my next party and go around referring to them as snags just to see the confused looks on people's faces.
Sangs or the 'proper' term is "snaggers":biggrin1:
Oh, you can't use it for pieces or slices, a snag or snagger is a sausage, whole.

Do it!:-D

Do Aussies in yur locale ever say "Bangers and Mash" titch?
Ive never heard it said by Aussies, except when they purposely use it to Britify it.
I always use "snags", I always hear "snags".
Just wondering, it is curious!
Sensitive new age guy is new on me too!

My age group and in Victoria its a very used term.
Every good Pub has it on the menu.
cheers.
Titch

There once was a lad from Australia, who painted his ass like a dahlia, the color was fine and likewise the design, but the aroma -whew!- that was the failure.
<<<from the movie, fantastic movie!!

That question threw me , I have always called them Snags and never knew why,so I went looking.

I found this.

Snag, by David Pope 2002
A sausage. In Australia and elsewhere snag has a number of meanings, including 'a submerged tree stump', 'an unexpected drawback', and more recently a 'sensitive new age guy'. But in Australia, a snag is also a 'sausage', a sense that probably comes from the British dialect word snag, 'a morsel, a light meal'

from here.
http://www.nma.gov.au/exhibitions/nation/australian_english

Now I can tell other Aussies why we call them Snags:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey Titch
I think the original sources of the term snags has been lost. I understood it came from an Aussie boy in a boarding school who was writing home telling his Mum what they had for dinner. After a number of failures trying to spell sausages he called them snags. The term has continued.
In the same line do you know why Quuenslanders named their beer XXXX - it was because they couldn't spell beer!!!!
John

Hey Titch
I think the original sources of the term snags has been lost. I understood it came from an Aussie boy in a boarding school who was writing home telling his Mum what they had for dinner. After a number of failures trying to spell sausages he called them snags. The term has continued.

John
I caqn see I will have to help out.
It was the pioneer spirit of what to do with Skin, Nuts And Guts.:scared:

Back