View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:25 AM   #23
jmoney7269
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscrat View Post
The point probed uasy and the flat didnt pobe just real easy but I'm just not sure what real easy is exactly. I let it rest for 1:45 minutes in the pan with the juices, which almost ran over the side of the pan. I drained the juice and started cutting. The smoke ring was massive but it was dry and tough.

WHAT HAPPENED?

I let the ribs cook wrapped for 2 hrs. They literally fell apart when trying to take them out of the foil.
Any insight of what I may have done wrong I would appreciate any advise and criticism. I'll post a pick of the cooker on the very next post so Ya'll can see what type of cooker I'm using because I dont know how to post pics with the computer, just my phone using tapatalk. Yeah I'm an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
You smoked your Brisket too long. It was likely about done in 9-10 hrs...
Extra time in the smoker dries it out.
Did you check your Pits thermometer? Could it have been hotter than you thought? Lots of time the temp in a Off set varies depending on where
the meat is on the grate.
ALSO...
It would have helped to use a water pan in your Off set to keep the moisture level higher. You don't need one on a UDS...
Your Ribs were steamed and fell apart. Sometimes it's better to either not foil them or foil them just for a little while. Depends...
I don't usually foil mine, but then I don't smoke in competitions either.
Ribs can gut mushy if they steam too long.
Did you read the first post? If a brisket is tough it's Because not given up yet and as a consequence it's usually dry Because the lignens in the muscle haven't melted down and rendered yet. There is no other explanation. I would love to hear your thinking behind "you cooked it too long, that's why it's tough." Pray tell.
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->