Chicken thighs with finger Stickin' Sauce

Bluesman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I must first say Thank you to Brother Patio Daddio :clap: for the recipe Finger Stickin' Chicken sauce. I want to also thank Brother Third Eye :clap: for his tutorial on Cupcake Chicken. This will be the prep part of the post as I will add on to this later today with finished PRON :biggrin1:

Now this is a take on cupcake chicken along with a sweet and spicy sauce. The real resemblance to cupcake is that I scrape all the fat off of the skin. I use bone in thighs, remove the skin, scrape fat add some rub to the chicken then put the skin back on and add a dusting of rub. Up to this point you can grill as normal, and enjoy sans sauce. But remember to hot sear the skin side at the end. This chicken comes out moist, flavorful and with a beautiful bite through skin.

For today's adventure I used coarse cracked pepper, sea salt and sweet Hungarian Paprika for my rub. My wife so likes this chicken that I decided to take it another step and add the sweet paprika to the rub and the Finger Stickin' Sauce at the end.The first picture is of all the ingredients including the sauce. The second shows a cleaned skin and thigh, alongside, on the left, one ready to be cleaned. The last picture is the sauce complete and the chicken ready for a little rest in the ice box. Stay tuned as the finish is yet to come.

Thanks, for viewing today's adventure

Bluesman

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, that finger stickin' chicken sauce is THE BOMB!

Thighs are my favorite part of the chicken too.. also LOVE pickapeppa. Lookin' great so far!!

Finished PRON

Well the chicken with sauce was a huge hit. This goes into the recipe files. Included in the photo are the sauced and some non sauced thighs, Grilled taters, fresh bread and some Danish Puff. I cooked up a storm last night.

Last edited:
Back