Sam's Club, Des moines, IA (July 27-28)

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Didn't know if you all realized it but now there are 29 teams and only 29 have registered for Des Moines. By my figurin', that means there's a wide open spot, right? Who wants it?

I think it was filled by PigSkin. I know he got in very recently and maybe they haven't updated it.

I think it was filled by PigSkin. I know he got in very recently and maybe they haven't updated it.

That's possible, although last night, it said 28 teams confirmed and 33 teams registered. I guess that means one actually paid to make it 29 and four other teams got off the waiting list. Doesn't seem to be one now. Strange that in all of the areas, this is one that can't fill up.

Tried to register but it wouldn't let me pay. Signed out and started over ... Now shows 30 registered .. 29 confirmed. ??????

Maybe the lack of interest is due to one of the best BBQ events in Iowa is going on
1 1/2 hrs N in Mason City...
Just sayin Sams aint all that.
Ed

It did fill up with about 10 teams on the waiting list. I had to drop out because I developed a conflict for the following week if I qualified. Others have dropped out and then been replaced also. Someone may have decided that 110 degrees on asphalt did not sound like much fun. I think this is to be expected juggling for a contest that has a limited number of slots. Good luck to all and hope the heat breaks soon. keith

Still no more entries at Des Moines. Wow! Sure would like to see the team list!

Maybe the lack of interest is due to one of the best BBQ events in Iowa is going on
1 1/2 hrs N in Mason City...
Just sayin Sams aint all that.
Ed

Not that it compares to Mason City but Council Bluffs is also having a contest that same weekend. I still dont understand why Sams would be scheduled in the same state, same days as two other sanctioned contests.

Back