Pricing a corporate event?

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just wondering what you all would price this for. It is about 45 minutes from me. Below is what they asked for with a 35-45 guest count.

We are expecting 35-45 people and I am interested in getting a quote for the following menu:

Entrees:
Pulled Pork & BBQ Chicken

Sides:
Mac N Cheese, BBQ Baked Beans, & Cole Slaw

Dessert:
Assorted Cookies

Drinks:
Lemonade, Iced Tea, & Sodas

$10 a head if you are just dropping it off. If it is a 1st time customer, be fair on the price and make them a customer for the future. What I mean by that is, if you add your food costs, labor, transportation costs all together and it leaves you 40% or more...maybe take a buck off to blow it out of the park.

Add accordingly if you have to supply additional labor for the event.

It's on site catering. When someone says 35 to 45 I use 35 as my guest count and if 45 it's even better. I usually have a minimum guest count of 50 people. This corp is from out of the area and I am guessing it is some kind of retreat as they will be 3 hours from home.

I may be way off but I am thinking $24.95 per person based on 35 people. Am I way off?

Well $18-19 per is about where I would be based on 50 people BBQ Bubba. I guess I am just thinking the low guest count should be worth more when you count the travel time and fuel. I kind of threw that number out there on the high side to see what input I would get. I guess I wanted to see what others thought. Thanks for your input, I"ll probably quote it at what you said.

I quoted it at $19.95 per person, we'll see what happens. Thanks for your input.

I would be at $22.99 per; priced it out:

17.99 for two entree meats
1.50 for additional side dish (we offer two as part of a package)
2. 00 for freshly baked cookies
1.50 for beverage service

These are my website prices!

Well I priced it at $19.95 per person and they were very happy with the price and we booked the event. Thanks everyone for your help!

How much meat would you need to cover a group that size and how do you figure that out? I'm not into catering but I'm interested in it.If I'm hijacking I apologize.

How much meat would you need to cover a group that size and how do you figure that out? I'm not into catering but I'm interested in it.If I'm hijacking I apologize.

I figure pork at 1/3 pound per person, finished. I also guestimate 40% shrinkage on the pork. So I'd shoot for 12-15 pounds of finished pork for this group. So, 20-25 pounds of raw pork.

I try to figure chicken per "quarter" and get an idea of what they want with regards to "white" and "dark".

Back