Frog Legs and Perch Rollups

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Frog legs and perch rollups...

These are some perch filets I recieved from Brethren Boatnut (Mike)... http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99006

He also sent the perch rollup recipe for me to try. Thank you again Mike!

002-8-1.jpg

The frog legs were from a local friend..

Marinade the perch filets in roasted garlic teryaki sauce for at least 4 hours. Pre-cook (half way) some bacon, roll and wrap the filets in bacon, secure with a pic.

I squeeze fresh lemon juice over the legs, let them chill with the perch for 4 hours... then sprinkle with lemon pepper.

008-6-1.jpg

Onto the Memphis Pro at 325F. It seemed fitting to use the frogmat. lol

I basted the legs with a garlic, butter, lemon mixture...

017-3-1.jpg

The roasted garlic teryaki perch rollups with lemon, garlic, butter, sherry drizzled legs...

057-3-1.jpg

the legs were soooo tender, moist and tasty...

056-3-1.jpg

the perch rollups were excellent... (thanks to Boatnut)

052-4-1.jpg

061-4-1.jpg

I'm going to try the perch recipe on some other cuts of fish... see how they work out.

Thanks for looking!

that looks amazing as usual! you never cease to amaze with your creativity.

Thanks Johnny! I forgot to mention I used apple for the smoke and it took abouty 30 minutes.
Boatnut's recipe is a keeper! :-D

That is some good looking groceries! Love froglegs and that perch just flat out sounds divine!!

Jeanie, those look excellent. The legs look like little human weight lifters cut off at the waist. :thumb:

Love Frog leggs but never cooked them other than deep fryed. I pull the leaders out so they don't jump and draw up in the skillet. Thoes look real good I guess I have been missing out. May is frog gigging time in NC so I guess I better be ready to try something diff

The frog legs and lake perch look delicious Jeanie. That's my idea of a perfect friday night meal during Lent minus the bacon.:lol:

Hot Dang .......... now that looks fantastic :icon_smile_tongue: ...... SWSW, CFBTM (fish), & MMD :-D
I haven't had frog legs in years..... those look soooooooo good. MMMMMMMMMMMM.....mmmmmmmmmmm
Nicely Done Jeanie..... Very Nicely Done :clap2:

Thank you for reminding me that I actually hate you!

LOL about the Phrogmat!:becky:
Nice cooking Jeaniusz!:cool:

Outstanding!

I have not done any frog legs since I moved up North. :tsk: Might have to change that real soon.

YUM Cowgirl you are killing me That looks absolutely wonderful :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

that there is the difference between an amateur like me and a pro like yourself. i loves me some frog!!!!

Dang Jeanie that meal looks fantastic, Great job.

But.......I got to tell you that shot of the legs on the grill is kinda freaky, if you know what i mean!

Back