KCBS BOD meeting in Philly

Nitrofly

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This seems like a stupid question, But I'm compelled to ask anyway :icon_blush:
Why do I as a KCBS member do I have to ask permission to attend
the KCSB BOD meeting in Philly :rolleyes:
Thats what I read in the Bull sheet that came yesterday.

I'm doing a silent boycott and going to drink and eat cheesesteaks instead... :rolleyes:

This seems like a stupid question, But I'm compelled to ask anyway :icon_blush:
Why do I as a KCBS member do I have to ask permission to attend
the KCSB BOD meeting in Philly :rolleyes:
Thats what I read in the Bull sheet that came yesterday.

Only to know how big a room we need. IF we have 30 like last year we need a smaller room than if we have 100. We pay per size of room. Hope that helps, we welcome the members to attend.

I added the BOD meeting on the registration form, does that count as permission to attend?

I added the BOD meeting on the registration form, does that count as permission to attend?

I spoke with a few people on the inside and I got you an inside to get in. Go to the back door and ask for billysue and give her a 50 and they will let you in!:razz:

I thought permission to attend was not required, only permission to speak?

Candy you are correct. The annual meeting is open to every KCBS member in good standing. (pd dues and good moral character). You only have to register 24 hours in advance if you desire to address the board on an issue.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Philly.
Merl

I thought permission to attend was not required, only permission to speak?

So I guess you don't want to go out eating cheesesteaks and see the Rocky statue with us? :roll:

Good luck with the results Candy.

Candy you are correct. The annual meeting is open to every KCBS member in good standing. (pd dues and good moral character). You only have to register 24 hours in advance if you desire to address the board on an issue.

Merl
Well that pretty much knocks me out... :roll:

Merl

Hi Merl, I hope the listen in option is available for this meeting as per normal, I faxed in my request form to the office today.

Hi Merl, I hope the listen in option is available for this meeting as per normal, I faxed in my request form to the office today.

I was going to say I would hold up my phone for you. But I forgot I'll be off seeing Rocky.... :roll:

Greg,
It requires a two line phone with conference capability. Don was checking with the Hotel to see if they could provide it. I do not know the out come.

I hope so too.
Merl

Greg,
It requires a two line phone with conference capability. Don was checking with the Hotel to see if they could provide it. I do not know the out come.

I hope so too.
Merl

Merl, do you know if any thought has been given to making audio of the rules meeting available to members that can't attend. Either live, or via MP3 later on? I'd be interested to hear the discussion that may or may not alter the rules for the coming season.

So I guess you don't want to go out eating cheesesteaks and see the Rocky statue with us? :roll:

Good luck with the results Candy.

I've got to admit, that's not why I'm looking forward to being in Philly! As a "product of Pennsylvania" myself, it'll be fun seeing how much I don't remember from 30 years ago. As a descendant from a Declaration of Independence signer (and a direct descendant from a Tennessee Volunteer who fought at Kings Mountain), I think I'll do the history thing early Saturday.

Are there any dinner plans going on for Friday night?

I've got to admit, that's not why I'm looking forward to being in Philly! As a "product of Pennsylvania" myself, it'll be fun seeing how much I don't remember from 30 years ago. As a descendant from a Declaration of Independence signer (and a direct descendant from a Tennessee Volunteer who fought at Kings Mountain), I think I'll do the history thing early Saturday.

I've got your digits. I'm sure the I Smell Smoke crew will be going out to dinner and I'm MORE than sure you're welcome to join us. I'll get with you Friday afternoon.

As a descendant from a Declaration of Independence signer (and a direct descendant from a Tennessee Volunteer who fought at Kings Mountain), I think I'll do the history thing early Saturday.

are you really a dire t descendant? Thats way cool!
Andy, Toddy, Roddy and I are heading over to Linda Mullanes Pig Daddy's for Friday dinner. They don't have seating but from what I understand we can get our food in the bar next door. Anyone up for an impropmtu Philly bash?

Back