Dr. BBQ does Long Island

Unfortunately The New Holland Summerfest is the same weekend so Julie and I won't be able to come out and support you. We are trying to get friends to come out and support your appearance as well. We would like to purchase raffle tickets though. :lol: Is that possible if we aren't there or is it a perk of attendance?

Oh ok I thought I heard the unit you demonstrate on will be raffled off. Another incentive for local brethren to get out there.

We'll catch you again soon Ray. Wish we could be there. Have an awesome time and maybe we'l see you again at Plant City.

Hey Doc - Yep..I'll be there... looking forward to catching up...

Question : has the event been changed to just one day ? (Sat 8/29)

It was originally noted here http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65579&highlight=vitale that it was Fri 8/28 & Sat 8/29. (seemed a bit odd to hold on a Friday afternoon). Phil wasn't sure because he was originally under the impression that it was Sat/Sun..

can you confirm ?

Last edited:
I will try to be there especially since the Doc's book was what really got me into smoking and indirect cooking.

I'm doing Friday but I think it may be a closed event. But I'm really not sure. If anyone needs to know call the store.

its Friday/Saturday. Firday is smaller expected crowd and employees.

Its not closed, just expecting less due to work day.

its not a raffle($ buy tickets) as we know it..

They are a full service fuel and appliance store.. High end stoves, grills, fridges, etc, along with gas and propane.

When customers arrive, they fill out a contact sheet for any of the services or products they offer and may contact you for and and it goes into the raffle.

hunger rocks

Is anyone else cooking this contest?
nancee

Scheduled to cook the Holy Smokes Rock Hunger charity gig Friday night and Saturday but hope to stop by and say hi before or after. (have Friday off.)
Hope to be there, not square.

Update:
Caught the tail end of today's session, had a great time visiting and it is worth the visit tomorrow if your schedule permits.
Ray was holding court on one side, prepping a batch of chocolate apricot tacos to cook on one of the eggs and Phil and James on the other side cooking BBQ pizza on another egg.
Nice group of folks milling about while I was there, asking questions and taking it all in; and of course plenty of snacking.
Great array of BGE's both on display and being used and albeit a bit gray and drizzly, there are canopies about for shelter.
Starts at 11:00am I believe.
Enjoy.

Back