chicken service. please help!

boogiesnap

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
hi everyone,
i need to serve @ 300 pcs(thigh, wing, drum)in 2 hours.
i'm plan on having @ 50 pcs chafed for start of service and continue cooking to replenish.

my question is, and i searched and searched, what is the best method for finishing the product?

into chafing pan unsauced, and dunk each pc in warm sauce and serve?
dunk each pc in sauce and into chafing pan?
or fill pan with sauce and have chicken sit in it?

if anyone could offer any thoughts they would be greatly appreciated.

some of y'all will know what this is for so i might just be :crazy: for even asking...:becky:

We don't sauce at all. We just put squeeze bottles of sauce so the folks and sauce if they want.

thanks dave, that is a good thought.

but in this case might not be the way to go...

it's a PC contest, but, they're paying us, so i want to serve the patrons proper to hold up "my end of the bargain", as though it were vending/catering.

thus the question posted here for the pro's.

i'd like to win, but more interested in just presenting quality que....to the masses.

maybe i posted in the wrong forum, now that i think about it:icon_blush:

I'd have 100 ready at start, another 100 ready 30 mintues later and the final hundred out at the hour mark.

For vending I would sauce in the smoker then move to a pan to hold. That or use a big grill and smoke all 300 before and then pull 50 at a time and dip in sauce and 10 minutes on the grill and sell. Get that grill char most folks like esapecially Yankees.:heh:

Just did 100 thighs boneless skinless marinated grilled for marks first, then panned and smoked. Always a major hit, and moist! and flavorful.

Back