First time burnt ends

lance0623

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
First time doing burnt ends, 2nd time making brisket. First time got a flat from cost-co, came out pretty dry. This time, got a choice packer from a meat market and turned out much, much better. Rub only, put in a foil pan and covered in foil at 150, took the top foil off at 190 to firm up the bark, and removed at 195. Separated point from flat, foiled flat and set aside. Cubed the point, tossed in the juice from the foil pan, very light baste with some homemade bbq sauce and sprinkled with rub. Back on the smoker uncovered in the pan for an hour. About 10 hours total.

The burnt ends were one of the best things I've ever cooked, period - bbq or otherwise. I'm not a real big fan of the flat, but it was moist and tender. The in-laws came over and neither like smoked food, but they liked this.

IMG_20130622_165413_091.jpg

I could live on burnt ends, beer, and corn bread.
Looks great! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

That looks great!! I've never done burnt ends with any of my briskets... but I may try it tomorrow. Already got a 13# one on the WSM!

I hope you like the in-laws cause cooking like that your gonna see them every weekend

They live 5 minutes from me and they're at my house almost every day...blessing and a curse

Lets raise a candle for our fallen point. You didn't deserve to go out this way. Hehehe.

Back