Pitmaster at Tupelo, MS

crehr

Reaction score
So what teams were being watched by Pitmasters crew? I can't wait to find out.

Carolina Rib King, Cotton Patch Cooking Crew and Bare Knuckles BBQ.

Looks like a very similar format to Season 2 in that it was 3 teams competing. When I left around 2, Myron, Tuffy and a third guy were judging blind boxes. So, not quite the same format.

I was thinking it is probably a mix of the two shows, where the three teams cook the contest, but then make 4 extra blind boxes for the Pitmasters judges to critique and pick a winner.

Bareknuckles is not on the print out for Tupelo. I think its a 3 person contest held at a contest for the atmosphere.

If they were there for a threesome at a real contest then they were just taking up space......

They should have to had to compete with everyone else to show what they have as a competitor and do the swerve items on the side for the tv judges. That would combine the best of the first two seasons.

Sounds like the "competitions" are just the "stage" for a season 2 style contest... We'll see how it goes, but I think they missed out on a great opportunity to have 2 aspects to the show, 1)goofy game and 2)real competition BBQ.

I'll still watch :)

I'm happy to see Malcom Reed and Killer Hogs take the GC. I will try his chicken prep techniques for myself. They are on his howtobbqright.com page.

I went over and watched them film turn ins and the beginning of judging on saturday. All that happened was one of the crew asked people to cheer when each of the 3 teams went up to turn in their boxes (totally seperate from the real contest) to a local miss teen or something... really lackluster and isolated from the real contest. Not sure what the point of having it at competitions is, unless they just want some good b roll footage. either way, definitely season 2 material.

didn't see much on that side of the road... spent most of my time getting my products ready and missed all the bands.

Back