View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 08:34 AM   #12
QN
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
It IS a simple issue, Merl. That's why there is office staff to schedule meeting rooms. We didn't elect you to do that. We elected you to promote BBQ and lead the oganization into the future by doing things like improving rules where needed, establishing scholarships, replacing scoring software, finding ways to help young barbeque kids remain interested in the sport, etc. Tell me how I'm dismissing the interest of our membership by making my comment above that the board shouldn't be making phone calls to reserve meeting rooms. That just doesn't make much sense.
I agree that the board should not have to be involved in reserving meeting rooms and mundane tasks like that, but they should have input on the time and day a meeting is scheduled with input on their individual availability; especially when it is a time drastically different from the usual meeting time. When you are supposed to be a part of a meeting is it just scheduled for you or are you consulted as to your availability if your attendance is required?
22" Weber
Weber Summit SS natural gas
QN is offline   Reply With Quote