Pork butt injected with Franks Red Hot????

I have not done it straight up, but have added a little bit to my standard injection.

It was good, give it a shot.

My fiancee loves franks on everything! never thought of using it as an injection, I'm going to have to try it!

I would think that using it straight though, the vinegar would turn the meat mushy, but some added to a regular injection would be good to go.

If you do it I would use a stick of butter per cup of Franks

Mmmmmm, Franks and molten butter as an injection...... :clap2:

Good god, tell me someone has tried this! As pit mentioned, I'd worry about the dose of vinegar attacking the meat, but for that Sunday-afternoon-football-hot-wing flavor, I'd be willing to risk it!

Mmmmmm, Franks and molten butter as an injection...... :clap2:

Good god, tell me someone has tried this! As pit mentioned, I'd worry about the dose of vinegar attacking the meat, but for that Sunday-afternoon-football-hot-wing flavor, I'd be willing to risk it!

Maybe doing it just before you go to the smoke and not an overnite delay like a bad Delta flight? Should give an interestering color also. HUM:thumb:

Interesting idea, please keep us updated if you try it.

I used Franks Extra Hot in a beef brisket injection. I used 2 cups low sodium beef broth, 1 can beer, 2 tablespoons Franks.

The brisket came out great but I could barely taste the Franks. For a pork butt that you want more of the Franks flavor to come through use maybe 4 tablespoons.

I put my special buffalo sauce (Franks, butter, and a ton of cayenne and white pepper to make it actually hot) on pulled pork all of the time. It is bbq sauce to me, I put it on everything Q. I have never thought of injecting it, you my friend, are a genius.

might try adding a little bleu cheese dressing to the marinade too... if you're going over the top, you might as well go all the way :becky:

Sounds very tasty to me! I'll be very interested to hear the results and
what proportions you use. I personally love the buffalo flavor and am going so far as to trying to figure out how to make buffalo ice cream...
:crazy: :laugh:

What I'm thinkin is to make Franks a little thicker, to stay in the meat more. The bleu cheese just might be the cure for that. Maybe a real thick BBQ sauce and then add Frank to taste? :thumb:

MMMM Franks I eat that chit on everything! If you do do that post lots of picks for the Franks fans.

MMMM Franks I eat that chit on everything! If you do do that post lots of picks for the Franks fans.

Trust me I'm gonna do it, I may have to cough the whole thing down but it would be with good beer and an ice cream finisher:becky: but it's gonna get done.

We are FARKIN FRANK FANS!:thumb:

Instead of injecting, have you thought about just seasoning with with Frank's after pulling? I know of a highly successful bbq joint that does just that (seasoning with "hot sauce" after the meat is ready). They use a product similar to Frank's.

Back