• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Jiggly brisket on no reservations

Anybody wonder what he pulls off the brisket before he wraps it in butcher paper in the video??:noidea:

Fark! Never noticed that. It looks like a small hand towel or something. Maybe he was just using it to move/carry the brisket around.

Ok ATXBBQ, since you are not far away from his joint, I nominate you to go ask him. Show him this video if you have to! :becky:

The brisket he wraps looks done. I'm guessing he doesn't wrap during the cook process, only for the rest period.

The brisket he wraps looks done. I'm guessing he doesn't wrap during the cook process, only for the rest period.

Not sure about that, I thought I've read somewhere he wraps during the cook. Perhaps he is re-wrapping just for the camera?

Not sure about that, I thought I've read somewhere he wraps during the cook. Perhaps he is re-wrapping just for the camera?

Yeah, I've seen him say the same thing, but if that thing isn't done it's pretty close!!

Yeah, I've seen him say the same thing, but if that thing isn't done it's pretty close!!

Yea, it's hard to tell from the video. If they are done, then he's holding for a full 5 hours or so because it's still dark outside and they don't open til 11am.

Yea, it's hard to tell from the video. If they are done, then he's holding for a full 5 hours or so because it's still dark outside and they don't open til 11am.

Nice observation, I think we have verified that the long hold at 200 degrees is in fact the secret. Well done, now I just need to get my food handlers license.

Does Franklin inject with phosphates?

I would highly doubt it. As outspoken as Mr. Franklin is about all natural quality beef, I would be shocked to hear he injects it with phosphates. Also, I don't know if it would be cost or time effective to inject on the scale he smokes brisket at. HOWEVER, the only person who REALLY knows what Aaron Franklin does to create brisket nirvana, is Aaron Franklin lol! :)

He is a food writer who specializes in BBQ.

I've watched that episode twice in the last week. I've never been to Franklins, but I will be going asap.

CD

When you go, go early for the food and stay late to talk to Aaron. He's a great guy and willing to share. He told me his process when i was there. I've also got a email from him. I've shared it before. Some of what he told me conflicts with what is here, so either i misunderstood him or who knows where people are getting their info.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

When you go, go early for the food and stay late to talk to Aaron. He's a great guy and willing to share. He told me his process when i was there. I've also got a email from him. I've shared it before. Some of what he told me conflicts with what is here, so either i misunderstood him or who knows where people are getting their info.

Let's see that e-mail again. Or, you can PM me.:-D

Do tell... please :-D

I'd love to see info that is conflicting also. I just shared what I heard on the show and what I've read in articles. Would love to hear all he has to say on the subject of brisket!!!

Also, I don't know if it would be cost or time effective to inject on the scale he smokes brisket at. HOWEVER, the only person who REALLY knows what Aaron Franklin does to create brisket nirvana, is Aaron Franklin lol! :)

Franklin doesn't really cook the briskets anymore, it's his pitmaster John Lewis whose manning the flames. So there's at least 2 who know the full on secrets.

Back