Dubuque, IA comp in 2010?

monty3777

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I am beginning the process of blocking off my summer schedule for comps and I don't find the Dubuque comp on the KCBS page yet. Do any of you prominent types - with access to insider info - have any idea if that comp is taking place this year? That one is close to home and it sure would be nice if they held it again.

When I was talking with Steve (organizer ) in the fall, he said it would be back on. But who knows for sure?

Email Anne and/or other members of the IBS board to see if they've heard anything.

Have to have money in by 12/1 to secure sanctioned event weekend...give them some to process them all Im sure the office is getting flooded with organizers sending in applications.

As I understood it they were doing construction using that area and it would not affect 2010.
A quick call to the hotel manager would pry answer your question for sure.
ModelMaker

I have a call into Steve - should know by the end of the day what's up...

I emailed him yesterday Nate and haven't heard back. So he might be home for the holidays...

Milwaukee was Fri/Sat and Dubuque was a sat/Sun... Over Labor Day weekend.

We called it the Caravan of Carnage.... Only the strong survive.

I believe we had 7 teams doing the double header 2 years ago...

It is something to think about... At least Monday is a free day off...

The only real problem is figuring out when my daughter needs to move back to college. If she gets a local internship, not an issue, if not, I may need the trailer to move her back....

Back