• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Another BUFORD Build - "Steampunk" Theme..

SmokerKing

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Decided I needed another BUFORD but wasn't sure what theme I was going to use this time around. I decided on an industrial "steampunk" theme on this one.

Bought some old thermo's, boiler grate, badges, etc. Still have a ways to go but here's the start;

sgeo.jpg

lqp6.jpg

Cool. With that cone on the top and attached fins it kind of has a "Rocket Man" theme!

Thanks all!

In the end, it's going to look like an old industrial drum that has had product bubbling over and dripping down the sides.

Your drums are always top notch. I still say the Army themed one is the coolest drum smoker I have ever seen. One question where can I buy the fitting you use to run your thermometer cable through the drum. I want to add a digital thermometer to my WSM and from my research that seems to be the best way.

Your drums are always top notch. I still say the Army themed one is the coolest drum smoker I have ever seen. One question where can I buy the fitting you use to run your thermometer cable through the drum. I want to add a digital thermometer to my WSM and from my research that seems to be the best way.

It's a cable clamp you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot in the electrical department;

http://www.lowes.com/pd_108490-1552...=3389324&Ntt=nmse&pl=1&currentURL=&facetInfo=

I'll be using a Maverick dual thermo on this one as well, but should be able to get both probes through one clamp. The transmitter will be inside an old breaker box with
flexible conduit to the drum.

Back