View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #9
Dave Russell
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Turtle View Post
The Pecos isn't a bad deal at $400, but the Brazos model they had for $999 was a much more substantial smoker. I was going to buy myself one for my birthday, but my local store was out. The manager said they would call me when they got some more in, but I never heard back from him. Meanwhile, the Brazos has disappeared from both the Academy and Old Country web sites. I emailed the manufacturer and asked what the deal was, but got no reply.
I had to make a wood stop at an Academy down in Tuscaloosa AL. on the way down to the Labor day weekend family reunion. Anyhow, this particular store had over twice the smokers that our's up here in Nashville have, including the Brazos, and they even had a poster up with other Old Country pits they could order.

I noticed though that most of them aren't on Academy's website, but I'm curious about the new one that's gonna be for $599. I don't think there's any info on the website yet, other than than that it has TWO smoking chamber lids and is #400 pounds, #50 heavier than the Pecos. The site said that info and a pic would be "coming soon."

Know how long the Pecos smoking chamber is?