Maverick/ Digiq question....

It looks like you and Q*bert have the same identical issues...

He replaced with new probes and still had the same result..

Maybe something you have to live with but, for whatever it's worth, at least you aren't alone with this issue. Maybe going back to my first post the issue with components and manufacturing may still be your only answer.

Let us know how the clothes pin experiment works out...
I will. I won't be able to use it until the weekend. Thanks for the advice so far. It makes sense to me. With something holding the probes side by side I don't see why they wouldn't read the same unless it is a components issue. I can live with the difference the foods coming out great, I was just trying to understand why. My dome thermometer is even reading right with the digiQ. It had always been twenty degrees off, even after a 212 boil test.

It looks like you and Q*bert have the same identical issues...

He replaced with new probes and still had the same result..

Maybe something you have to live with but, for whatever it's worth, at least you aren't alone with this issue. Maybe going back to my first post the issue with components and manufacturing may still be your only answer.

Let us know how the clothes pin experiment works out...

I took the clip off the guru probe and stuck each probe through a clothes pin and they were within five degrees the whole cook.

I took the clip off the guru probe and stuck each probe through a clothes pin and they were within five degrees the whole cook.

Glad you tried the suggestion....

At least you found the answer and the solution to your question...

Back