Any brethren attending "SMOKETOBERFEST" on October 16

FullBoar

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
just wondering if any of my fellow brethren are planning to attend?

smoketoberfest....... chambersburg PA right? Clay Hill Cookers will be there. Gonna be a great contest!!!!

DishWater (see cattle call) E.z.MaC and I will be there..

please dont ask Big Ugly for a forcast, he wants snow!

Will you guys be competing? i'm only going as a spectator. I'm hoping to start competing next year.

We will be there to enjoy the same Indian Summer weather we had last year.

Red Valley BBQ will be there. No matter what the weather is, it would be difficult to have worse than what we had in Clarence, NY last weekend. 20mph winds with gusts to 35mph, and temps overnight in the 40's.

FYI, comp is full house so you guys have a great time,

Eric

yea we thought we could get in after the pick in in the panhandle but they were full and taking stand by apps, I will just mosey around and see what there is to see with my red wagon and ice chest full of Yueling lager beer
RR
Hillbilly Bones BBQ

yea we thought we could get in after the pick in in the panhandle but they were full and taking stand by apps, I will just mosey around and see what there is to see with my red wagon and ice chest full of Yueling lager beer
RR
Hillbilly Bones BBQ

just make sure to bring cups........just ask smokin gnome about it last year, drinking is "allowed" but needs to be disguised

the official statement is it is a dry campus. I have been told to be discrete about such activities. rememeber its for the MAKE A WISH foundation. I honestly dont think there will be beer police there, just try and keep it on the down low. Eric (Mason Dixon BBQ supply) has worked very hard on this, with 51 awesome teams coming in, let try to keep in mind how much good this will do for those who need a little hope..

I am donating all of my comp pork (probably 32lbs) so that they may sell it and help the foundation, I urge everyone that can ...please do so....If you cant and have cooker space and dont mind please let me know..I may have a butt or 2 ( or more)that needs cooked for a GREAT cause...Thanks....PM's welcome!

Just Smokin' Around will be there. And... I won't be looking in Sal's cup to see what's inside like the "nice lady" did last year. Especially since he provided me a cup filled with a local beverage.

As for weather, last year was much worse than what Red Valley had in NY. There was the wind, low to mid 30's at night, upper 30's during the day and non stop rain - cold, wet and windy.

Bring it, I ain't skeered!!!!!!!! Do your worst!!!!!!!:evil::evil:

BTW, my father-in-law saw the email Eric sent out over the weekend, he wants a time slot also..............:crazy::crazy:

Looking forward to this comp and hope the weather is improved this year so they can draw a crowd and generate some funds for Make a Wish....

Sounds like a great comp and a great cause!! Sucks that I'm not cookin.
but I'll probably show up any way lol.. :cool:

Back