• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning

mod.gif
NoW Only 21Hours
till the 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash
mod.gif

Better get the wagon loaded!! :mrgreen:

Dangit, dangit, dangit. Wish we were on the way there or already in the great state of Texas so we could see all you farkin farkers. Do me a favor and don,t post any pics tomorrow so we won’t be reminded of what we’re missing! Of course unless Paul does something that needs to be captured for posterity.

So we don't have to wait around for long cook beef (AKA brisket), I'm bringing two tri-tips along. I'm sure someone will have something that I can sear them on after I hijack some space on Hotch's Shirley to smoke them.

I believe Teddy is bringing his WSCG.
Kelley and Bruce will have their BGE MiniMAx.
I'll have a 30lb bag of Western lump.
And a bag of Stubb's briquettes for Shelly's DO cook, along with a chimney starter and a weed torch.
Who has got the Cabo covered? :mrgreen:

Last edited:
In an odd twist of fate, even though I wasn't able to make it this time around (again), my daughter is on Spring Break and is in Dallas.

Go figure.

Have fun Gents!
She is invited to join us.
As long as she has a few good stories she can tell us that may or may not involve you!! :mrgreen:

Alas, I won't be able to attend, Hotch. :icon_frow Please be sure to collect a lot of pictures.

Alas, I won't be able to attend, Hotch. :icon_frow Please be sure to collect a lot of pictures.
:sad:
I think THoey1963's wife has it covered. But I will do my best to get some. May be Sunday when I can post unless Paul shows me how with tapatalk app. :mrgreen:

I believe Teddy is bringing his WSCG.
Kelley and Bruce will have their BGE MiniMAx.
I'll have a 30lb bag of Western lump.
And a bag of Stubb's briquettes for Shelly's DO cook, along with a chimney starter and a weed torch.
Who has got the Cabo covered? :mrgreen:

I just looked at my stash. I've got a bottle of Slyrs single malt 43% and a bottle and 1/4 of Slyrs single malt 51%. On the lower end, I've got a bottle of Dewar's "White Label" Scratched Cask blended. No Cabo here.

I hope Paul remembers that I suggested a camera station be set up and to make all attendees step up for picture and a signature so everyone is properly identified. I plan to set up a tripod with a ipad in camera mode for just this purpose next Fall.

I hope Paul remembers that I suggested a camera station be set up and to make all attendees step up for picture and a signature so everyone is properly identified. I plan to set up a tripod with a ipad in camera mode for just this purpose next Fall.

By chance do you work for the Federal Government? :mrgreen:

I just looked at my stash. I've got a bottle of Slyrs single malt 43% and a bottle and 1/4 of Slyrs single malt 51%. On the lower end, I've got a bottle of Dewar's "White Label" Scratched Cask blended. No Cabo here.
Single malt, ummm, yep that will work in a pinch. :mrgreen:

Single malt, ummm, yep that will work in a pinch. :mrgreen:

I'll bring the 43% (almost full) and what's left of the open 51% (less in there than I thought). Just in case nobody has never tried a German single malt...

Thanks to Hotch, Paul, Wes, Charles and Company for welcoming us to share good food, discuss BBQ techniques! I had the opportunity to lay my hands on Hotch's Shirley Fab, and gained great feedback around my pending build. We are excited to be on the build-list, and glad to have met some more enthusiasts.

Back