• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

This weekend I lose my virginity

It's going to be great. Get a journal and take notes, it'll help you each time you look back and see what you did, what you liked, what you didn't like.

Everyone else pretty much covered it, so I got nothing to add except have fun and enjoy the process. I'm just down rt 114 a couple towns from you and beef ribs will be on the cooker here on Sunday. Good Luck!

Right off of RT. 114 near the mall not to far at all. I go to Casa Blanca all the time up by you.

+ 1 on the note taking/journal idea, I printed off log sheets from the VWBB (http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/cookinglog.html) and kept track of my first dozen or so smokes until I was confident enough to wing it.

Sometimes I wish I had carried on with this as there's always that time they turned out perfect you can't that recreate when not taking notes.

Have fun and enjoy your WSM - they do run better with beer in hand and a crazy lopsided smoke induced smile on your face!

It's going to be great. Get a journal and take notes, it'll help you each time you look back and see what you did, what you liked, what you didn't like.
Thanks! I meant to say that and then forgot. You will improve faster if you do this.

[QUOTE I go to Casa Blanca all the time up by you.[/QUOTE]

Azteca Cafe in Lawrence is my go to for Mexican food. Maybe a meet up for some chicken nachos and a couple of Negra Modelo's?

+ 1 on the note taking/journal idea, I printed off log sheets from the VWBB (http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/cookinglog.html) and kept track of my first dozen or so smokes until I was confident enough to wing it.

Sometimes I wish I had carried on with this as there's always that time they turned out perfect you can't that recreate when not taking notes.

Have fun and enjoy your WSM - they do run better with beer in hand and a crazy lopsided smoke induced smile on your face!

I've already got my Excel spreadsheet ready to go.......:thumb:

Quint said:
I go to Casa Blanca all the time up by you.

Azteca Cafe in Lawrence is my go to for Mexican food. Maybe a meet up for some chicken nachos and a couple of Negra Modelo's?

Sounds like a plan after I get a few smokes under my belt so we can compare notes...........

Last edited:
WOW! this thread is full of lust...lost virginity,marvelous rubs,sweet seduction, "go gentle with the rub" !!!! i like this thread...

anywayz...congrats on your new WSM!!!

hymenoplasty is the answer..LOL

Oh my momma never told it would be this good, details to come....

Thanks for the link.

This journal worked great definitely a great way to keep track to assist in future smokes. I'll use it often until I'm experienced enough to depend on my on experience and knowledge.

You are on the right track.
Go slow and make notes. The next smoke you may want to try something a little different.
Make Photos. Photos will remain. Gives you something to compare.

Lastly: Relax and enjoy yourself.

Back