• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What's your favorite sauce(s)

Cack

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
There's a lot of talk about rubs, but not that much about sauces. What's your favorite sauce?

Although its a chain, I absolutely love Sticky Fingers Carolina, Memphis, Tennessee, and Original.

Everywhere I go I have to try as many of their sauces as I can. I know my home state is known of mustard base ... but that's just garbage and nasty.

i lkie the sticky fingers carolina sweet as well. i love blues hog tenn red. granny nickols ans blue front which most have not heard of are vinegar based sauces that you can only find down here.

On barbecue? I prefer no sauce. However, the only one I'll ever use straight up out of the bottle on it (for a change of pace) would be BH Tenn Red.

On hamburgers or hotdogs, I rather like Head Country and HC Hot. I wouldnt use these on barbecue though because they have artificial smoke flavoring which I've found conflict with my barbecue (which is already smoked just fine).

In brunswick stew, etc. I'll usually mix in a little Head Country, Blues Hog, Tenn Red, and some of mine.

Not sure if you can find this online or not but Danny Edwards bbq sauce is unbelievable! It has the perfect blend of sweet and spicy.

On pulled pork I'll use Big Bob Gibson's vinegar/cayenne sauce which isn't really sauce like as it's pretty much JUST vinegar and cayenne. It's easy to make too. For a SAUCY sauce, I like Big Butz No Butz and his Cranberry too. Big Ron's sauce is very good too for a more savory, less sweet alternative.

As long as it's sweet n spicey and doesn't contain liquid smoke...

I was in Nashville and by mistake completely covered my ribs with their hot sauce. I still added their sweet sauce and mixed it on the ribs some. That was the best screw up I've ever done

For all the "I don't use sauce" or "only as a side" people. You have to take into account. Im from SC and if its not swimming in sauce ... add more. I don't like mine THAT bad, but I love me some good BBQ sauce that's for sure.

Sweet baby Ray's is my favorite big name sauce. Of the smaller names I like the various Blues hog variations as well as Spicewine Ironworks Blue Collar sauce. I also really like Show Me Sauce from Missouri, but it's a bit hard to find. it does have liquid smoke, but it is still very good.

I seem to collect sauces. I like to make my own but I can't seem to refuse to buy new or different sauces. I probably have a half dozen in the frig. I like Head Country and BH (never tried TN Red, but it's next on my list). I also like Sweet Baby Rays (when buying at the grocery store). My favorite is probably the Cowtown sauce from Oklahoma Joes in KC. It's also my favorite BBQ restaurant.

I may have to buy some of this Blue Hogs everyone is talking about. Prices seem decent as well.

I start with Sweet Baby Rays and add flavors from there. I also have a colection of verious sauces I mix and match. I also like Hoosier Daddy's Sweet and Sassy. A nice red sauce with a hint of mustard. Slowly becoming nationally available.

I really enjoyed the sample of sauce sent to me from Tastylicks BBQ! You too can get that sample for free by signing up for it.

Other favorites of mine are all the flavors of Sticky Fingers, The Sweet Baby Rays Chipotle, and Sweet Vidalia flavors. Sonny's brand Sizzlin Sweet mixed with their hot bbq sauce is pretty darn good too!

If I had the cash, I would be all over some BigButz brand BBQ sauce. I have never ever seen a bad or unhappy review from anyone that has reviewed it.

Back