Contest Announcment BBQ for a Cure, Hatfield, PA - 5/22/10

Porkmeister

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am helping the folks from the Delaware Valley Hemophilia Foundation have a BBQ Competition. This is a 1st year event and is non-sanctioned by KCBS but they have contacted MABA for help. We will be using modified KCBS rules. This will be a 1 day event with Chicken, Ribs & Chefs Choice turn-in. We are having the BBQ at the American Legion grounds in Hatfield PA. (not far from Green Lane event 5/14). Entry fee is $150 and this includes tee shirts, food, soda and more. For $10pp extra you get unlimited beer. Payouts and trophies for Grand and 1st - 2nd in each category and trophy for 3rd. Amounts subject to increase based on teams registered. Remember this is for a charity.:icon_wink

This is going to raise funds for them and especially the kids with this disease. We are hoping an offer from Hatfield Meats works out and we will have a ton of Ribs to cook to give out to the public for tasting. This will be your chance to "show your stuff" to the public.

We are looking for anyone who wants to cook. Use this as a practice session for the season or make this your first step into Competition BBQ. Everyone is welcome. We are also looking for anyone who would be interested in being a Judge.

I will have more information after next week. We are meeting to finalize everything and get this event rolling. Please help us out if you can. You will be cooking for a good cause and have some fun besides. We need your help. Please contact me at: mike@porkmeisterbbq.com with any questions.

Thanks, Mike

I will check with our team and see what they want to do. This is sandwiched right between Green Lane and the Roc City Rib Fest. If I can get a couple guys from the team interested we just might be there.

That is the same weekend as Middletown, DE. Looks like they will have it a qualifier as well.

This sounds like a great backyard event.

We are now also kicking around the idea of a "Peoples Choice" Award. Don't know how yet but I'm working on it.

Mike

I just found out about something big. The Folks over at the Green Lane Event, Smoke in the Valley, just told me they are donating an entry into Smoke in the Valley 2011. The winner of our event gets to go to Smoke in the Valley 2011.

Smoke in the Valley is the week-end before our event. Thanks to all the guys over there for this great gift!

Mike
mike@porkmeisterbbq.com

Back