View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
Cayman1
is one Smokin' Farker

Default New Cajun Bandit additions in use

I replaced the doors on my WSMs with the Cajun Bandit stainless steel doors and the Southco Compression latch, SC-62315. I also ordered the kettle conversion kit for an extra OTS I had sitting around and used all of them in a competition this past weekend. I can't emphasize enough how great an improvement the doors made. It was pretty cold and windy and the cookers held temperatures perfectly all night. Plus the wsm/kettle performed just like the WSMs, perfect even though it had only been used a couple of times to cook burgers. I replaced it with a Jumbo Joe that is smaller and easier to transport to the competitions than the OTS. I didn't take any pictures, but the doors on all the units, WSMs and conversion, have black only where you want to see it, that being the shape of the cylinder opening, no leaking out the doors at all. I went a little further with the conversion and installed vent dampers and sealed the bottom vents with foil tape for better air control.
If you have or can find a OTS or OTG and want another WSM for less than the cost of a new one, the conversion is the way to go and certainly the ss doors are a must in my opinion if you want a tight unit.

Last edited by Cayman1; 04-19-2015 at 06:07 PM..
Cayman1 is offline   Reply With Quote