• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My new bundle of joy!

Yoder

Congrats on the new smoker..I also was looking at Yoder Cheyenne. Got two questions.
1. Shipping cost to NJ?
2. Lead time?
Thanks DanB

Congrats on the new smoker..I also was looking at Yoder Cheyenne. Got two questions.
1. Shipping cost to NJ?
2. Lead time?
Thanks DanB
I can answer your first question. they quoted me 4 weeks to build.

Find a local dealer. They do exist. I found one in the bay area not listed on the yoder site.

Yoder are pretty cool to deal with, I got a floor model which had some scratches and scrapes so I emailed Yoder direct and asked what paint do they recommend to use and they just sent me a can of high temp paint for free.

Find a local dealer. They do exist. I found one in the bay area not listed on the yoder site.

Yoder are pretty cool to deal with, I got a floor model which had some scratches and scrapes so I emailed Yoder direct and asked what paint do they recommend to use and they just sent me a can of high temp paint for free.
Good tip. Just curious, how did you get the cooker from the dealer to your home?

Good tip. Just curious, how did you get the cooker from the dealer to your home?

Dealer included delivery but I found out that the driver was just some dude with a trailer whom the dealer used for shorter deliveries. I had to help get it off the trailer and into the yard.

If you are based in LA the dealer I used is in San Jose and you could probably do a deal with them for a floor model and rent a uhaul/penske trailer and drive back with it for cheaper than Yoder direct.

Dealer included delivery but I found out that the driver was just some dude with a trailer whom the dealer used for shorter deliveries. I had to help get it off the trailer and into the yard.

If you are based in LA the dealer I used is in San Jose and you could probably do a deal with them for a floor model and rent a uhaul/penske trailer and drive back with it for cheaper than Yoder direct.

I really need to install a hitch on my suv :)

Congratulations on your new Yoder! I love stick burners. My advice is to keep your fire burning clean, and preheat your wood (maybe by putting it on top of your fire box) it will catch fire faster and burn cleaner that way.

That's it. Im done with this. Sick of it. I can't look at it anymore. You people and these beef ribs...they look amazing. Heavenly. I've never even SEEN them in the stores up here. Anywhere. Ugh...now I gotta order some.

Great job as usual, Melissa.

Those ribs look amazing. Look at all that glistening goodness with that beautiful bark and smoke ring! Awesome cook.

That's it. Im done with this. Sick of it. I can't look at it anymore. You people and these beef ribs...they look amazing. Heavenly. I've never even SEEN them in the stores up here. Anywhere. Ugh...now I gotta order some.

Great job as usual, Melissa.

Now that Fall is upon us I'd be glad to send you some. Seriously. Even with shipping prices it may be cheaper than going through a meat mail order.
Sumthin to think about. Lol

Those dino's look awesome and so does the fatty. I have been on the fence. Horizon Smoker witch is Oklahoma Joes origonally owners or a Yoder. I am looking forward to your posts and congrats!

In all honesty it's super forgiving.
Yesterday I did the line up and burn in along with the biscuit test. Was a little concerned with the temp differential.
Today with the meat on the temperature difference was only 30 degrees from the exhaust to the firebox locations.
And it seemed to like to run around the 280 mark. It would level out around 290 near the fire and 260 on the far end.
Even Steven
I'm doing a turkey on Saturday as a mock Thanksgivig with friends.
I'll live cook it and see how it goes.
Anyone ever do a turkey on an offset?...before I search for it lol

Im so jealous if your smoker amd your ribs grrrrrrrr

Back