XXL UDS kicks ash!

smooookin

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
After getting a good seal on the doors of the XXL UDS I fired her up with four racks of ribs, with room for at least 6 more. Even with taking a peek a couple of times I didnt get much of a spike and she returned back to chugging along in fairly short order. A lot of folks here didnt think it would work because of the doors but I was happy with the result. She went right at 6 hours and maintained temps from 220 to about 245. I can live with that!!

Here is a pic of the finished product, just a touch under done but got rave reviews from the family.

Attachments

• xxl ribs 1.jpg
    xxl ribs 1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 283
If I remember right, you were having trouble keeping your temps down. Looks like you got it under control. I would like to see the final UDS. I have been thinking of cloning it myself.

Did you hang the ribs?? :biggrin:

here is a pic during the build. It stands 6 feet tall with a grate about 6 inches from the top. I dont cook on the grate, I use it to hang every thing.

Attachments

• PICT0016.jpg
    PICT0016.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 273
  • PICT0022.jpg
    PICT0022.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 270
great thread smokin, nice pron!, but I must ask where the heck did you get the racks at? havent seen that kind of meat on bones before.

TIA

Michael

Looks great brother. Always glad to see what you are experimenting with. Those ribs look fantastic from here!!!!

[SNIP] . . . just a touch under done but got rave reviews from the family.[/SNIP]
Those look KCBS done - and I've eaten a LOT of those this summer - they taste great! Good job and good that you're getting familiar with your cooker!

Back