Bagna cauda

We put off making this until last night. We added the clams, and as expected it was outstanding! Shot the hell out of the moderate diet I started on Monday, but it was outstanding. Next batch used for pasta I'm going to add a little Marsala.

I gotta make this. Funny, I think of Inagaddadavida everytime I read the title.

Bagnacaudadavida I guess.

Making this tonite for a "Wine tasting party". I don't think they will taste anything but garlic.

willkat98 said:
Does anyone have a recipe of bagna cauda without garlic?

It sounds good, up until the garlic

Here's one (I removed the garlic) :biggrin:

1 lb. melted butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or 4 cans of cream of mushroom soup)
1 tube anchovy paste or 1 can of anchovies
1/2 cup minced watcha want
1 pint heavy cream

Add all ingredients to a pot of medium heat. Stir until blended well. Some butter will never blend. Add heavy cream. Mix well to desired thickness.

Serve with crusty Italian Bread, Cabbage leaves, cheese cubed, meat cubed or anything else you think might go with it.

Has anyone tried this with roasted garlic for a mellower garlic flavor?

Well the Bagna last night was a success! Everytime somebody went back to the table, they got more Bagna. Some people were putting it in containers and taking it home.

Thanx for the recipe Greg!

Let’s see, one left over Jap Fattie crumbled in a skillet, add some Bagna Cauda, stir, & mix until hot, pour over home made biscuits. This southern boy is in NIRVANA…… Probably not gonna be welcome at any social gatherings, or even at work…but , hey sacrifices must be made. Think I’ll take tomorrow off!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Just kidding boss!!

I made the first recipe. It was a huge success. I was skeptical about the canned soup but thought I should give it a try before tweeking things. I wouldn't change a thing. I had a bit left over and used it in a small batch of mashed potatoes the next day. yum

Samichlaus said:
I made the first recipe. It was a huge success. I was skeptical about the canned soup but thought I should give it a try before tweeking things. I wouldn't change a thing. I had a bit left over and used it in a small batch of mashed potatoes the next day. yum

The correct term is YUMS. You have to put the S on the end of it.

MrsMista asked for a batch tonite. Always happy to oblige! :lol:

Well-timed Neil,

Had some of this at a backyard local LI brethren bash a few years back and it is awesome;
great comfort food and I like it especially in the colder months.
(Phil brought it of course!)
Bread is key.

Well-timed Neil,

Had some of this at a backyard local LI brethren bash a few years back and it is awesome;
great comfort food and I like it especially in the colder months.
(Phil brought it of course!)
Bread is key.

YEah, we should do that again sometime. Think that guy will let us in his yard again?

Ummm....I'm getting fat already with the holidays and all....

I can't wait to make some! I'll ask Santa for bigger pants.:biggrin:

Sorry, but while it sounds incredible, I can't stand anchovies. There's only one thing I can barely stomach anchovies in and that's a spicy Putanesca sauce. Even then, it makes me want to hurl after a while.
What could be substituted for the 'chovies? How about smoked oysters? Anyone ever try it that way?

BB ive made it without anchovie paste before and its still a great dish!

I never felt like the anchovy taste was overpowering - it adds a salty flavor, but there's so much garlic, it doesn't taste at all like fish to me.
Oysters might work, but the reason anchovies work so well is that they disintegrate when you cook the sauce. Clams would just end up at the bottom of the pot.

breath-BAD.gif

Back