Seasoning for Steaks?

Fresh cracked Black pepper, Grandulated Onion powder and soy sauce! Done....

Just got an email from the folks at Owens BBQ (Tatonka Dust) and they credited 1/3 of the shipping cost back to my account. How often does that happen? Not very often for me. Thanks Tanya!

Seasoning Steak

Any choice grade or above steak with bone on deserves either nothing, or what I do: Light Kosher salt, miniscule amount of granulated garlic, freshly cracked black pepper. Press into meat, a little EVOO to cover seasoning and a plastic wrap until cook on a charcoal grill. Reverse sear. Real garlic will burn to become bitter with a sear. 250-275 grate temp (indirect). 115* then over to coals for a sear. Heaven. The goal is to taste the beef.

Sometimes I use coarse sea salt and course ground tellicherry pepper.
Other times I use nothing.
BBS Bovine beef rub is awesome too. I like to sprinkle it on after the steaks are
resting!!!

Just a little Tiger sauce when it comes off the grill works for me.

When using pepper, I always fresh grind it. Makes a huge difference over store bought pre ground pepper. Also, I love the 4 color peppercorn mix. K salt is also a lot nicer for me on steaks than table salt.

Oh, and to the person who wasn't too keen on McCormicks's seasonings. They really are quite good. Their montreal steak and chicken versions come in low sodium as well. Since they are a popular selling item, the on shelf stock is typically quite fresh.

I like a little olive oil, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, lemon pepper and just a pinch of dried chipolte.

Salt, Pepper, Chipotle Powder, Sage, Rosemary, and Garlic

Sometimes Salt, Pepper, Garlic, and Ginger. MMM MMM Good

I put Kosher Salt, Garlic Powder and course ground Black Pepper on steaks.
When they are Rare, I put a pat of butter on, and then I put em in the warmer a couple of minutes.

No complaints so far.

We do some Whirshirshireisrisrie sauce, Balsamic Vinegar, and then The Rub Co's Santa Maria and top it with a sprinkle of smoked salt ... best steaks you've ever had

Back