Franks Red Hot Apricot Drumsticks - My Best Drumsticks Ever! pr0n!

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have been grilling chicken drumsticks on Monday's for the last 4 weeks. A couple of weeks ago there were too sweet. Last week they were too hot. This week I decided to add some Apricot preserves to my regular drumstick glaze, which is splenda brown sugar, butter and Franks Red Hot sauce. This time I used more butter & brown sugar with less Franks. I was watching the BBQ show chopped when I decided to toss in the apricot preserve. Man it was good! Smelled good and tasted good with a little bit of Franks bite to it. I salt & pepper the legs and cook them indirect for about 40 minutes, turning once with a chunk of hickory for smoke flavor. Then I crisp them up over the hot coals until I get the color I want. Then back to indirect heat & brush on 3-4 layers of glaze. Put the lid on and let the glaze thicken between each layer of glaze.

IMG_4012.jpg

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4008.jpg

that looks sick dude! I've used peach preserves on chicken and it works well too. nice work

Looks and sounds great Pappy!

Mighty fine looking drumsticks Pappy. They look great.

Looking good man. I like using a raspberry chipolte jelly for my glaze, I'll give apricot a go with some spiracha sauce, see how I like that.

You should seriously check out the recipe for "Spicy Apricot Chicken Wings" in the Big Bob Gibson BBQ Cookbook by Chris Lilly. I have made them many times. People love them. There's quite a few ingredients in the marinade, but I find it to be worth it.

You should seriously check out the recipe for "Spicy Apricot Chicken Wings" in the Big Bob Gibson BBQ Cookbook by Chris Lilly. I have made them many times. People love them. There's quite a few ingredients in the marinade, but I find it to be worth it.

I have that book. I never noticed it in there. I'm always stuck on using franks, butter & brown sugar. I'll have to look into that.

Back