View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 06:44 PM   #35
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Been seasoning it for 4 hours so far. Sprayed it down with canola oil and then fired it up. Had a hell of a time gettin temps over 200.. had a fire big enuf in there to burn a barn. kept struggling to et the fire up.. talked to mr kick and was frustrated and not very happy.. then had this brainstormm.. forgot the one thing I preach tro new owners all the time. Dont go by the door thermometer. Door was reading 300, but to get it that high I had to remove the water tray and move the fire into the cookin chamber. Wehn i touched the steel, it was FARKIN HOT!!! BYC never got that hot.. dropped a probe down the chimney and the temps shot HI> Whick means its above 592 in there. Well.. at least i know im getting a good seasoning. :) Gonna put the water tray back in in a little bit a see where temps go with it installed. I'll be back.. :)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote