R & O Fatgirl

Eggspert

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am looking at an insulated vertical smoker. Has anyone seen, own, or cooked on an R & O Fatgirl? Let me know pros and cons if you have any information.

Thanks in advance,
Eggspert

I know the guy that builds the R&O's, Billy Overton, was selling his personal Fatgirl that he used to compete with, but I don't know if he sold it. You might look at Backwoods or Pitmaker also. I have seen a Backwoods with a XXL basket built by Jeff with Give it to God, burn for 13 hrs @ 250 degrees.

Call Doug Ritter he is the owner and Billy is the fabricator partner deal as I understood from a forum member.
I have talked to Doug several times and he is a CLASS ACT!!!! This dude knows his stuff and will help anyway he can to a point.
Give him your budget and he will have you a killer pit ready to win in that budget!

The big one I would look at is space vs weight. If its priced that close to a vault, I wouldn't hesitate to pay the extra 250 for a vault.

But... A vault is 900lbs. Your not getting it in the toy hauler without a winch

We want something between the size of the Vault and the Safe, which the Fat Girl is. It's basically the same size as a Fat Boy, but with more insulation, and better quality build. We do need to push the thing up the ramp and are hoping to not have to install a winch, not sure if it will happen with the Fat Girl or not, another question for those that have seen them.

We've got one on the way and should have it next week. They are great cookers and fabricated like a tank. If you'd like to take a look at ours just send me a message and I'm sure we can get together. I plan to have it at the royal also. BTW - I think they are now going to call them the "Anvil" and The Ritters are no longer involved with the company. I can get you some pics, some additional info, and contact info just send me a message.

Back