• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Picanha...Performer...Pron!

tom b

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
With Papillote Vegetables, beget and Chimichurri Sauce

sea salt
m54wtEgh.jpg

and were are spinning
44WIa5Oh.jpg

EA7XGYah.jpg

vPSX1EQh.jpg

AdZLUEOh.jpg

pulled and sliced
EtRVY0vh.jpg

fGrb56Ah.jpg

KZlgc19h.jpg

YepmojPh.jpg

I5a5ZWMh.jpg

no need for a plate, just eat it off the board, this was so farkin good I wll be doing this again soon. Thanks for lookinq

Hell yeah brother!!

Absolutely killer post and all I can say is you've got my vote. Can no one beat that.

That is livin' right! :clap2:

Picanha is the favorite cut of beef these days at casa de gtr. The beef is great, but that salt/fat/fire thing is just magic. Nicely done, Tom!

I don't understand the fascination with picanhu. Isn't it sirloin with a fat cap? Someone enlighten me as to why I should care with all the other delicious cuts that are available.

Oh, wow. This may be beef-land, but we can't find anything like that out here.

That's beautiful.

I don't understand the fascination with picanhu. Isn't it sirloin with a fat cap? Someone enlighten me as to why I should care with all the other delicious cuts that are available.
At the Brazilian restaurants that I've been to, you don't eat Picanha like a steak. I. E. Grilling a hunk to mid rare then cutting it up on a plate. Instead, they thinly slice the outer layer from each side giving you the nice crusty side, midrare on the other and some of the nice crispy fat. Then, the roti goes back over the fire to develop a new crust on the exposed edge.

As the meat turns on the roti, the fat renders and continuously bastes the outside where the crust is forming.

Here's a decent video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5R21tWhB5A8

It's actually kind of difficult to do this on a Weber roti due to the square shape of the roti spit and the forks. Both make it hard to slice repeatedly.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Also, while it's "sirloin fat cap", the muscle itself is more tender and flavorful than the other muscles that make up sirloin.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Love a nice picanha, this one looks delicious. I still have a few in the freezer, need to grab one!!

I do cook it differently, I usually smoke it, fat side up, at around 225-250 on the kettle and when it has reached the IT, I flip it fat side down and put it over the coals to sear the fat cap. Can be quite the spectacle :)

e2d28a4ba1ddc19564f9f71a3b39247e.jpg

I developed a taste for picanha while traveling to Brazil on business -- its considered the best cut at a Brazilian churrascaria. But where do you find it in the US? I've never seen it at my local stores.

Dang, Tom, you did that picanha up right! Fantastic!

Back