Sams club info on cooking spaces.

IowaWildHogsBbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Am I allowed to have my camper with me at my spot? New to this and was wondering before I registred thanks.

Actually they were real easy to work with. Two years ago in Birmingham they let us leave the cook trailer hooked to the motor home. Last year in Huntsville they let us put the motor home just outside the taped off area. I've been to comps that made us move six inches.

Actually they were real easy to work with. Two years ago in Birmingham they let us leave the cook trailer hooked to the motor home. Last year in Huntsville they let us put the motor home just outside the taped off area. I've been to comps that made us move six inches.
You cooking Sam's this year? I see they moved it to Knoxville.

Never mind! I see your post on the other thread. You ARE going to Knoxville. I'm going to try and get in to judge!

Just the opposite in Des Moines last year...Troy might have just been wore out by then but he was pretty adamant about who parked where and how you fit into your spot, you had to be facing in certain directions, etc...

I have cooked both Trussville and Huntsville and when I got there both times no one was there to help so I just setup where I wanted and never had a prolem

I've been to comps that made us move six inches.

I didn't know you guys cooked in Merrimack, NH. :becky: Bring your tape measure to that one.

I have been to 4 Sam's contests so far, and had a motorhome in my spot at all but one. The first time was with a 34' RV with a trailer. I put the trailer in the lot. The other 2 were with a 40' toy hauler with slides. If you can fit in 40' you are good. Just fill your water tanks before you get there...no hoses.

Also, get there early if you are a tight fit. Since the sites are 40' wide, not 40' deep like other large site contests, it's a lot easier to pull in before you have neighbors.

Back