pork loin ideas?

monty3777

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We are going to be cooking at the BBQlossal in June. One of the categories is pork loin. This is the only comp that I can think of where we will be cooking loin and I wonder if any of you have any ideas on presentation? Thanks!

I believe this needs to be presented in the clamshell at this comp ... right?

It's KCBS rules as far as the greens and clam shell. So nothing fancy.

Just like the other entries, you'll just have to make them as pruty as can be.

I'd try and practice ahead of time too... they are thicker and a little awkward to get into the box. Make sure they are nice and juicy!!!

Good luck!

I'd go a nice 2" thick... Cook it whole and then slice...

Really? 2"? I was curious about pork loin too as I have three contest where it is either a side category or an entry. I had always sliced like 1/2" but will try the 2" unless you were messin with us :)

OK, maybe an inch and a half... But why cheat them? They are looking for PORK!!! Give it to them! :twisted:

OK, maybe an inch and a half... But why cheat them? They are looking for PORK!!! Give it to them! :twisted:

One would also think that if you had a thicker cut of meat it would hold in its juices a little better, giving the judges a nice waterflow of liquidy pork goodness when they cut into it.:grin:

I've been practicing for the same event,,,I'm afraid I'll be real sick of pork loin by June 6th:-D

I've been practicing for the same event,,,I'm afraid I'll be real sick of pork loin by June 6th:-D

I look forward to meeting you. I'll be with Holy and Oly's BBQ. We are going to concentrate on the hog but figured since we're paying the money to enter we may as well cook all the meat we can!

Back