Beef Short Ribs?

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The post earlier got me wanting some so I hit Albertsons and had to ask at meat counter but got some- not for $2.99 tho! :shock:

Anyhow how do yall smoke them - Brisket Style as far as rub and temp/time probe tender etc? ? As 4 ribs slabs or cut them up? :-?

null_zpsda81909f.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, brisket style - cook till probe tender, rest a little, and eat. I wouldn't cut them up myself.

Here's one really good way of doing 'em (might be a little language):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGOQ_npS4pI"]Robert Rodriguez's 10-Minute Cooking School: Texas BBQ - YouTube[/ame]

If I can get them attached, I get them attached. Pretty much like brisket, except that the probe will fool you, it will be soft a lot sooner than when it is ready. Your best bet, will be to use touch. When they feel soft to the touch, or when they jiggle, then you can pull and rest for at least 30 minutes. More is better, just tent them with foil, or after 5 minutes off the cooker, wrap and rest. Serve when you can grab them, around 150F internal.

That's the CRAZIEST BBQ video I ever Done Saw!!!!!! :shock: I like it.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I got 2 - 4 rib "plates". :mrgreen: I gotta do them right cuz they were twice the price of the ole Select packer briskets I buy......:shock:

Think I'll do one Plate with the Brisket Rub I like and the other with a Basic Steak Rub.

Beef chuck ribs, uncut but separated

Rubbed with a two layer rub of BBQ rubs similar to pork rub, and topped with Santa Maria rub, then onto kettle at 225F, then accidentally up to 400F, then down to 250F, then down to 225F...

Consequently, 6 hours later, this is what happened...

Which came out quite fine.

Leave em' whole. I usually do mine LnS, around 225. Use SnP, gran onion, gran garlic, and sometimes a little chili powder and cumin in the rub if I'm feeling adventurous. I cook them till tender almost a whole ten hours. :shock:

Back