• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Reuse jarred pepper juice

colonel00

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So I polished off a couple jars of sweet and hot peppers on some Italian sandwiches yesterday. With all the peppers gone I was still left with half a jar of juice. I was thinking of reusing the juice and just adding some peppers or pickles or whatever. Are there any safety concerns here? Also, if you have done this, anything you have found to work better than others?

I keep a large gallon size glass jar in the beer frig and add pickle and pepper juice. When I clean the tops off jalapenos I place the top and seed veins in the jar. Drain and use some for BBQ sauce, since it is basically vinegar and also a little is great in a beef stew pot.

So I polished off a couple jars of sweet and hot peppers on some Italian sandwiches yesterday. With all the peppers gone I was still left with half a jar of juice. I was thinking of reusing the juice and just adding some peppers or pickles or whatever. Are there any safety concerns here? Also, if you have done this, anything you have found to work better than others?

I also add pepper or pickle juice when I brine my chicken. I learned that trick from the Brethren here. Tasty..

I'm just wondering if you need to blanch your peppers before adding them to the juice...

There are major health concerns when re-using that juice, adding more peppers or anything else to that juice will mess up the acid and salt level that keeps the food safe in the first place. You basically will be diluting the vinegar and salt content. One thing you can do is put a few hard-boiled eggs that have been peeled, only let them set in there for a couple of days before eating though or else you risk those eggs going bad, keep refrigerated!!!!.

Wow, I never have had any juice left in the jar, wife loooks away in disgust but I drink it as I go. Goes great in a cocktail too I have been told.

Boils some eggs and pop them in there for about a week ! Good stuff right there

I got a gallon jar of pickle and pickled jalepeno juice in the fridge just waitin on a couple(4 or 5) dozen eggs to get happy.

I just finished off a jar of bread and butter pickled jalapenos, and am wondering what to so with the juice.

Back