• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Christmas Gifts

Twelvegaugepump

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Thinking about making gifts this year for family. Thinking about doing bacon as well as smoking some nuts. As we usually spend about 75 dollars on our parents, does anyone else have ideas to add to a homemade gift basket? Smoked cheese?

Great minds............ I am currently curing 21lbs. of pork loin to make Canadian Bacon for some gifts for friends and family. Also I am smoking 3 types of cheese tomorrow. I am getting a little burned out on the mass consumerism with "black Friday." Time to slow down and think about the people I care for, not just blindly continue to swipe the credit card.

TGP, do you hunt? If so, maybe some deer / venison or wild hog jerky?? Ice-fish? Dried of fileted, fish?

You are in cheese country, so why not go with Miller's Cheese House??

Great suggestions. Yep, Pat, I am a hunter. Two deer are laying on my garage floor ready to be cut up today. Jerky is a good suggestion. Been too warm to ice fish though.

Great cheese and carmel suggestions as well everyone. Never thought about vanilla extract...

Lets keep this thread rolling. A homemade Christmas would be awesome this year. Take that Walmart!

I'm thinking about a big batch of my grilling rub and giving out to all my relatives and my coworkers I talk Q with

I bought a pressure canner recently but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I was thinking about making a big batch of our bbq sauce and jarring it as gifts.

I do smoked cheeses every year for my neighbors and co-workers...they really appreciate it and look forward to it each year. :cool:

I was thinking about making some of my sauce. Maybe some cheese and summer sausage

Squaw candy...

squawjerky.jpg

Salmon jerky. :thumb:

Back