• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Catering for a Christmas party

Captain Caveman

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We are catering a christmas party for a local bank. There will only be about 40 people amd they want appetizers. We have never been asked to do appetizers for an event. What do you suggest? Their menu is pulled pork, brisket, cheesy potatoes, and green beans.

Pepper boats (half ABTs), crudites, petitite crab cakes, mini egg rolls stuffed with shrimp/lobster and goat cheese, and fruit skewers.

jello shots !!!

Best idea yet! :lol:

We do a BBQ every summer with a few dozen of our favorite, fellow Sharks hockey fans and one friend always brings a cooler full of jello shots. Yum-O!

jello shots !!!

Now your talkin!!!!!!

everyone,thanks for the replies. I have yet to try moink balls, but I sure will be trying them soon. Those bacon wrapped chicken look good also. Do you use a glaze with that(or some kind of dipping sauce)?

Now your talkin!!!!!!

everyone,thanks for the replies. I have yet to try moink balls, but I sure will be trying them soon. Those bacon wrapped chicken look good also. Do you use a glaze with that(or some kind of dipping sauce)?

Either way, a assortment of dipping sauces may be cool! :biggrin:

How about Cloink fingers!! (Bacon wrapped chicken strips) :cool:

Those look really good. We are considering a similar appetizer for an awards dinner in January that we are bidding on the catering. We were told this is a meat and potatoes kinda of crowd at this dinner. Hey, that seems right up our alley!

Pepper boats (half ABTs), crudites, petitite crab cakes, mini egg rolls stuffed with shrimp/lobster and goat cheese, and fruit skewers.
I agree except I cut them into 4... makes a one bite serving that is great for this type of party....

I would also go with burnt ends... My customers go nuts over them... Cube the brisket point into 3/4 inch cubes and serve with toothpicks...

The other thing that goes over well is Spinich Balls... Basically Spinich and ground stuffing mix (and eggs and spices) and then cooked on a sheet pan and served with a chilled mayo/sour cream sauce...

Back