View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
Fat Freddy
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Fred

Maybe I am reading too much into some of what is written so far but I have a slightly different take on what I am reading, hopefully it is just the wording.

This is a contest that I wanted to do this year but it didnt work out so I planned on doing it next year. Then my buddies from Smokehouse 72 won GC. Just from a standpoint of"way to go" I wanted to do it more next year. I really like the reps and I know that it should be a well run contest with Ron and Dena as reps.

The part that kinda gets me is the "celebrity" judges. To me that is different than just a non certified judge. I think a non CBJ can be told the basics on judging and thye will actually listen. In all honesty what would we rather have a 1st time CBJ or a non CBJ that may have jusdged 4-5 contests? But a "celebrity" judge MAY come in and not take things seriously, maybe they HAVE to be there so they dont care or whatever.

I have done contests with 100% CBJ's and we wonder what the heck a certain judge was thinking(pork appearance score at last contest I did 9,5,9,8,9,9) and I have done contests without 100%CBJ's and my scores have been very consistent.

So like I say my only issue would be with "celebrity" judges just because we dont know why they would be there and so from that judge would we be scored fairly.

Again congrats to Smokehouse 72 and everyone that heard their name called and next year I hope to see you.