Cooking Class Swamp Boys BBQ in Chicagoland Area

cmohr74

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have been in talks with Rob from Swamp Boys BBQ about coming up and doing a class in the Chicagoland area. To make this happen, he needs minimum 20 people and I believe maximum 30. I want to know solid answers as to who would be interested in this class. The class is a cost of $500. This is a one chance opportunity to not have to spend $1,000's (because you know your spouse wouldn't let you go without her :wink:) to fly down to Flordia to take this class. Please let me know and we can push forward with setting things up with Rob.

After talking with Rob, he said his quiet time is during the summer. Unfortunately around here that is the heart of our local competitions due to harsh winters. I was thinking either late October or wait until either late March/early April when things thaw out up here. This will give everyone an opportunity to practice some new methods prior next seasons competition season. Let me know your thoughts.

No promise, but if mike and I could make it spring would be better. Tim's out for either due to his business being busy during either.

Big Daddy,

I spoke to our team, and we have three for sure if the October dates happen. Could probably swing a few more if we put it out to our local bbq club.

I'm not very reliable schedule-wise at the moment so don't count me in, but March/April would be an option for me. October wouldn't work.

I got word from Rob about class dates. Because of his full-time career, we started discussing specific dates to help narrow in on a class date. Due to Rob's full-time job, ironically it's not BBQ, and upcoming competitions, the best fitting time for him would be Spring. The best available date for Rob would be March 29-30. Hope this still works for the many of you interested. If you are interested, please let me know so we can start to get things rolling on getting Rob up here and get you booked for the class.

View attachment 70391
Credentials as of 7/25/12:
Most Rib category wins in the US since 2006
Most Brisket category wins in the US since 2006
Second most wins overall in the US since 2006
33 Grand Championships
27 Reserve Grand Championships
96 Top 5 Overalls
80 Category wins
1st Place Pork Shoulder at the
Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational
Swamp Boys was ranked #1 in the United States (out of 4,500+ Pro Teams) for 67 consecutive weeks
2 Time Florida BBQ Association Team of the Year

Last edited:
Back